Jobs- Abel & Schafer Inc. - Regulatory Affairs and Labeling Specialist
Regulatory Affairs and Labeling Specialist
Abel & Schafer Inc.,20 Alexander Ct
Abel & Schafer Inc. with its North American headquarters in Ronkonkoma, NY is looking for a full-/ part time Regulatory Affairs and Labeling Specialist who is the company’s reference person in terms of labeling, nutritional requirements and compliance with laws and regulations of USA and Canada.
The Regulatory Affairs and Labeling Specialist has to carry out the following specific tasks. Other tasks/functions may be assigned to meet business needs. All quantitative goals and objectives are defined on an annual basis in the yearly appraisal:
• Assures integrity of ingredient and nutritional data bases to nutrient values and outcomes.
• Assures ingredients and formulas are in full compliance with laws and regulations of USA and Canada.
• Issues labelling for products and approves final artwork and text for product packaging to ensure it meets regulatory requirements.
• Monitors regulatory activities, researches interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients, assures that the databases are up to date.
• Proactively identifies potential regulatory problems, and takes action, to minimize or eliminate such problems and performs other duties to assist in creating a positive scientific and regulatory environment for our products and business goals.
• Provide guidance to R&D project teams, Marketing and other internal partners on regulatory matters, recommend options and implement solutions to resolve problems.
• Analyze the nutritional content of formulas and recipes to assure they meet the customer /legal requirements.
• Communicate technical / regulatory information related to our product portfolio to our customer base to address inquiries.
• Some quality assurance responsibilities, e.g. internal audits, may be assigned.
• Handles all customer technical /regulatory questionnaires and audit requests together with QA and Management as needed.
The ideal candidate has
• Bachelor’s degree in knowledge based area such food science or nutrition.
• Good Skills in Microsoft Office
• 5+ years of experience in regulatory affairs with food products.
• Specific knowledge on labeling and food additive material compliance.
• Knowledge of Genesis (or equivalent) R&D Food Formulation & Labeling Software.
• Spanish / German is a plus
This position can be full-time or part-time depending on availability and experience
How to Apply:
Listing Submitted By:Peter Luck
to return to the job listing directory.