Jobs- Ocean Reef Club - Overnight Baker
Ocean Reef Club,35 Ocean Reef Drive, Suite 200
To assist the Executive Pastry Chef and Sous Chef in the daily planning, organization, production & preparation of all breads and breads confections while exceeding members and guest expectation and satisfaction
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Intrinsic desire to become a professional bread baker in all aspects of the craft.
• Full knowledge of a bread and baking school cook book and how to produce its recipes
• Good bread making skills & techniques in every existing stations but not limited to baking breads. Include bread decorations, retarding breads, façonnage of breads & baking breakfast pastries.
• Able to reproduce recipes and achieve consistency of product at all time
• Good knowledge of bread baking production and organization for banquets and restaurants, loaves & rolls
• Basic knowledge of loaf cakes, breakfast pastries, buffet presentation, and plated dinners
• Some knowledge of bread showpieces and decorations
• Good knowledge in recipe development & recipe writing
• Good knowledge in measuring recipes, conversions and recipe assembly
• Good knowledge of American breads, flours, international breads sweet or savory, and current trends
• Good recipe development knowledge in breads loaves, rolls, fermentation, and all basic dough preparations
• Proficient computer knowledge and existing operating computer software use
• Good food purchasing & receiving knowledge
• Some knowledge of accounting procedures such as inventories, recipe and menu costing
• Basic pastry organizational knowledge and basic problem solving skills
• Basic knowledge of bakeshop operation and front of the house function
• Good knowledge of mechanical & electrical kitchen equipment operation
• Full knowledge of kitchen chemicals
• Must be able to assist all fellow bakers & cooks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
Two years of hands-on experience as an Apprentice or Baker student in a bakery or Boulangerie
LANGUAGE. Must be able to comprehend, read, write and speak the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
American Culinary Federation Certified Baker or certifiable
Florida State Food Handler Certification
Knowledge of C.P.R or First Aid
Basic knowledge in solids and liquids measurement units both metric and imperial
Must be able to convert metric and imperial units of measures,
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
Basic Food costing knowledge
Must be able to work under pressure and remain calm
Must be able to maintain physical and verbal composure during crisis times
Must be able to respond efficiently and adequately during an emergency
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
• Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds (large bag of flour)
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time with minimum walking
• Must be able to hand lift up to 20 pounds on regular basis
• Must be able to work in confined spaces on regular basis
• Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
• Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
• Must be able to bend & twist upper body to reach up, down or side-ways on regular basis
• Must be able to maintain a fast walking pace and hand movement as required by job
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample work conditions might be:
• Occasionally works in outside weather conditions
• Noise level in the work environment is usually high
• Required to operate and work with high heat cooking equipment such as and not limited to: gas & electric ovens, deck ovens, open gas ranges, steamers, convection ovens, fryers
• Exposure to freezing temperatures for short period of times in Walk-in Refrigerators and Freezers is usually high
• Required periodically to use sharp cutting tools or objects such as and not limited to: Hand Knives, Electric Cutting Blades, Cutting Wheels or Saw, Chopping and Grounding machines
• Regularly operate heavy electric equipment such as and not limited to: Large bread mixers, robot-coupe, hand held mixers, blenders, slicers, peelers, washing machine
• Required to produce food in a timely manner under heavy volumes and limited space
How to Apply:
Listing Submitted By:Tammy Rotenberry
to return to the job listing directory.