Jobs- Abel & Schafer - National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
Abel & Schafer,20 Alexander Ct
Abel & Schafer Inc. with its North American headquarters in Ronkonkoma, NY is looking for a Director Sales who is responsible for the sales management and marketing activities, as well as the company’s national / house accounts. The National Sales Manager manages a team of Regional Sales Representatives and Technical Representatives in the USA and Mexico.
The job holder is responsible for the sales region North-, Central- & South America and some export markets and manages the sales department at Abel & Schafer Inc.. The job holder is responsible for achieving the budgeted sales and profitability goals for the entire sales region and manages the sales team professionally. He/she is responsible for the successful development of long-lasting business relations with our customers, the continuous expansion of Abel & Schafer's customer base, the continuous increase of Abel & Schafer's market share in the sales region. The job holder thinks entrepreneurially and acts in alignment with the objectives of the Abel & Schafer group.
Task and Objectives
• Develop the sales and marketing strategies for the territories and segments in collaboration with the General Manager / Vice President.
• Manages, guides and supervises the 6 Regional Sales Representatives (RSR) and 3 Technical Representatives (TR) in the USA, as well as 1 Regional Sales Representative and 1 Tech Representative in Mexico.
• Supports the RSRs by joint visits to key customers and distribution partners.
• Initiates and develops sales & marketing initiatives and participates in national and regional trade shows, exhibitions and other customer events.
• Handles and manages the company’s national / house accounts within the guidelines of the company's overall business objectives.
• Plans, organizes, implements sales programs and is responsible for achieving the respective sales objectives for those accounts.
The ideal candidate has
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience
• Approximately 5 years of b2b baking ingredient sales or experience in a relevant industry.
• Deep knowledge of the customer base and network within the respective industries / territory.
• Ability to work successfully in various industries and market segments.
• Proven experience completing the sales cycle; including targeting new business opportunities, negotiating contracts, and closing deals.
• Is willing to travel approximately 35-50% overnight within the defined territory and occasionally to Europe.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English; Spanish / German is a plus.
• Effective organizational and administration skills to manage the team effectively.
How to Apply:
Listing Submitted By:Peter Luck
to return to the job listing directory.